Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps
Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 About the Bluecoats
 Prospective Members
 Canton Nov. Camp report

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wvu80 Posted - 11/25/2007 : 7:20:24 PM
Camp November 2007 is now over.

This is what I saw, just so other parents who were not able to attend, will know, from the perspective of a rookie dad of a prospective young horn player:

First of all, the Bluecoats staff was fantastic. Total professionals in all aspects of the camp. Genevive was non-stop all weekend in helping people. I could go on and on.

Instruction: Fantastic. Clear, concise, helpful. I never heard anybody belittled or yelled at, all commments were positive and when group attention lagged, they were firmly reminded of what was expected. They were totally professional at all times,

Volunteers: Great all weekend, and everybody got along. Every question any parent asked was answered by Genevive, Dave or the parent volunteers themselves.

The musicians themselves: You could spot the vets in the line because of the way they conducted themselves. They were all business during rehersals, and they led by example.

How it all turned out: My son didn't make the hornline. Absolutely nobody should say "that's too bad." He shouldn't have, because in my opinion at age 15 he wasn't ready.

But you know what I value more than anything else? Honesty. You know what the Bluecoats staff wrote on his evaluation? (besides comments to help my son improve)

They wrote "way too young."

Thank you Bluecoats, for your honesty, and for providing a really great experience for my son, and for me.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bluecoats Posted - 07/23/2009 : 6:34:05 PM
Very exception 15 year old members are accepted.
sday88 Posted - 07/22/2009 : 12:05:56 PM
I can't remember, but I think the Bluecoats have a 16 year age limit. I don't necessarily agree with it, but times are different than when I marched. We had a 14 year old in the snare line in '87 and he was more mature than some of the college age guys in the corps. And he was a freakin' good drummer!

Go to the camp anyway, it will get you an incredible experience at the least. Then go march somewhere else if you can't march Bluecoats.

Scott Day
Tenors '86-'88
rawkidd94 Posted - 07/21/2009 : 7:14:10 PM
hey do u think its all about the age or is it about talent because im 15 and i want to audition this coming year!!!

Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000