Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps
Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Alumni Information
 Alumni Land
 Fawcett Stadium

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
middlin_blue Posted - 04/18/2007 : 1:07:10 PM
Do any of you old timers, especially you Phil, remember when was the last time we held a show at Fawcett Stadium? We had our home show, Innovations in Brass, there in the early Eighties.

Best Fawcett Memories?
Pregame for the HOF game, about 1980 or so. I learned just how big NFL players are. I am 6' 3", over 7' in a shako & plume and those guys were looking down at me. I was maybe eye level with their shoulder pads. Scary!

Ron Phillips
Sop/Bari 1979-1982
"the Middle Years"
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Iceman Posted - 04/20/2007 : 08:37:20 AM
My only regret about missing the first half of the 2001 season... I couldn't participate in the Stark County HS Football All Star Halftime Show!

Chris Shumick
----------------------
Member, 2000-2003
(various brass instruments in various keys)
sday88 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 12:12:20 PM
I seem to recall when we did Innovations in Brass at Fawcett Stadium we (maybe just some) had to "work" the show, like selling raffle tickets in the stands and maybe even directing the traffic for parking. Of course that was a long time ago, maybe I'm imagining it.

Scott Day
Tenors '86-'88
BlooooContra Posted - 04/18/2007 : 5:26:44 PM
As far as I know, last time and sort of show was held at Fawcett was in 2001. We actually had two performances there that year, including the Stark County all-star game. lol

Will "Rubble" Wells
Bluecoats Contra Line
2000 2001 2002
Bluecoats Lead Bari
Back on the contra line in 2005

DCI Ageout Class of 2005
BlueR36 Posted - 04/18/2007 : 1:28:21 PM
My very first show in the Bluecoats uniform was Innovations in Brass in 1991. I don't recall if we performed there in 1992 -- according to corpsreps.com, we had a show in Massillon (which I remember) and a show later in the year in "Canton, OH" but it doesn't list a stadium. In 1993, we had two shows in Massillon.

I wasn't there in 1994, but it says "DCI North, Canton OH", not Massillon. It was 1995 (I think) that I remember coming down to see a show and watching the Bluecoats and (I think) SCV do standstill performances on the steps of the of the HOF.

There's several shows in the late 1990s that say "Canton" opposed to "Massillon", but again, I don't know if those were mis-named (were at Massillon but called Canton) or if they were at different stadiums than Fawcett.

Until next time ... - R -

Rodney Stebbins
91-92 lead soprano
93 staff
Bluecoats Alumni Association member
Fan Forever

Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000